Thursday, May 26, 2011

Only 9 more days!!

I only have 9 days left before I fly out to Seattle and start the Journey of Hope so I thought I would just give everyone an update on how everything is going.  My training has been coming along alot better the past couple weeks.  On Tuesday I was able to go on a 50 mile ride, I was tired afterwards but not sore the next day so thats always a good sign since I will be biking twice that in one day this summer.  I tried to go on a ride yesterday but the wheather was pretty bad in Terre Haute and I didn't feel like getting stuck in a thunder storm on my bike!! As far as fundraising I am getting closer and closer to my $5,000 minimum everday but I still have a little ways to go.  I have been getting a few donations in the mail an donline from talking at church this past weekend and from the newspaper article which is always good.  But if you haven't donated yet and would like to, please visit pushamerica.org/events/joh and do so ASAP.  On the left side of the screen there will be  link called 2011 Journey of Hope Roster and then look for my name on the alphabetical list on the next screen.  I finally am getting most of my gear in.  yesterday I got my leg and arm warmers, my short and long/winter gloves, and I got my bike jacket.  Now all I am waiting on is my aerobed and new bike tires!!!  As the day draws closer and the more excited I get.  But with only 9 days left before I leave I have a ton of stuff to do.  Including finding somewhere to live for next year and moving all of my stuff out of my current house in Terre Haute.  This last week is going to be pretty hectic.  Also as one last note I am taking off work on Friday and the plans are to try and ride my bike from Terre Haute to St. Anthony to get one century ride in before I leave.  It is about 112 miles so it willl be tough but we will see how everything goes!! Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day weekend!! Until next time remember "The only disability in life is having a bad attitude!"

2 comments:

  1. I am super proud to call you my boyfriend! You are going to have an amazing summer and not only will you be touching the lives of others, but they will be touching your life as well! Good luck on your bike ride tomorrow...I'll be there to pick you up if you need me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curt, we hope that everything is going well for you. We are all very pround of you. Good luck, be safe, and most importantly have fun with this memorable experience!

    Derek, Crystal, Conner, & Addison

    ReplyDelete